I am a huge advocate for breakfast being the most important meal of the day, though this doesn’t mean it has to take hours to prepare and cook. Breakfast is such an easy meal to prepare in advance, though not many people choose to do so. This recipe will get you excited to make your breakfast for the week whilst still giving you that extra 10 minutes sleep in we all dream of. I would defiently choose to prepare my breakfast the night before and enjoy that sleep in and not having to worry about what you are going to have for breakfast that day.
As a lover of every chai, I thought why not add it to my breakfast. The chai flavour can be as subtle or strong as you please!
1.5 cups rolled oats
2 grated apples
1 cup soy milk
2-3 cups water
3-5 chai tea bags
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbs coconut yogurt (any yogurt will do)
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Boil water and place tea bags in water and soak for 5-10 minutes
2. Place oats, chia seeds, apples and cinnamon into a large bowl and mix
3. Pour milk and chai water into bowl, mix and let sit for 1 hour to let oats soak up the liquid
4. Add coconut yogurt and other liquids if needed
5. Take a photo and tag me on Instagram @kelseyseersnutrition