This dish is a cross between dahl and curry. Shall I call it a Calh?
Somehow I don’t think it will catch on, for now, I will just call it a curry.
Curry is such a versatile meal, you can add any veggies, grains or spices your taste buds love. I usually make a big batch of this curry and keep it in the fridge for lunches throughout the week or freeze it when I am busy and need something tasty and fast.
This curry can be tailored to suit individual tastes or to increase your daily veggies intake.
1 brown onion
2 cup water
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbs red curry paste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 can coconut milk
1 cauliflower head
1 broccoli head
1 large sweet potato
1 cup dried red lentils
1. Heat large pan on high heat, once hot saute diced onion in 1/2 cup water, let cook for 1 minute
2. Add garlic, ginger, curry paste, cumin, paprika and turmeric, stir and let to simmer, adding another 1/2 cup water
3. Add coconut milk and 1 cup water
4. Chop sweet potato, cauliflower and broccoli. Adding sweet potato first, 5 minutes later add cauliflower
5. Once potato and cauliflower are soft, add broccoli and red lentils
6. Let curry simmer until all veggies are soft and lentils have cooked
7. Serve over a bed of greens and grains of your choice